RIF Pittsburgh’s programs help children and families build home libraries, motivate children to develop a life-long love of reading, and provide opportunities for children and families to read together.
- Provide economically disadvantaged children with quality, age-appropriate books to build their home libraries
- Develop pride in book ownership by letting children choose books to keep
- Create fun, exciting environments to motivate children to learn to love to read
- Engage children continuously throughout their elementary education to instill an appreciation for and love of reading
- Encourage and teach parents about the importance of reading with their child
- Strengthen families by providing resources, activities, and opportunities to read together
- Engage families with programs and strategies to integrate reading into everyday family life